- Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Helps relieve muscle tension & stiffness
- Alleviate Discomfort during Pregnancy
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles, sprained ligaments, reduces pain and swelling , reduces formation of scar tissue
- Relieves Muscle spasms
- Provides Greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Promotes Deeper and easier breathing
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Reduces Blood Pressure
- Helps relieve tension related headaches and effects of eye strain
- Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
- Improves Posture
- Strengthens the Immune System
- Fosters peace of mind
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Improves the ability to monitor stress
- Enhances Capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Helps relieve mental stress
- Satisfies needs for caring , nurturing touch
- Fosters a feeling of well being
- Reduces level of anxiety
- Creates body awareness
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
Benefits of Prenatal Massage
- Alleviates stress on weight-bearing joints and musculo-facial stuctures
- Relieves discomforts experienced during pregnancy including low back pain, leg cramps, sciatica, carpel tunnel syndrome, edema of the lower extremities, hip joint pain, leg cramps and headaches.
- Stabilizes hormones and helps relieve anxiety and depression.
- Increases blood circulation, which helps provide more oxygen and nutrients to both mother and fetus.
- Soothes and relaxes the nervous system by releasing endorphins into the mothers body.
- Helps promote sleep
- Supports the return of blood to the heart and increases blood flow to the uterus and placenta
- Prepares mother to be for an easier delivery, promotes relaxation and stress relief.
Source: AMTA Massage Services